Monday 27 December 2010

missing pages

Update: I have opened up the blog but have hidden some posts (see below). When I opened the blog I thought that these people must have moved on from worrying about me 8 months after our business relationship was terminated and 5 months after the letter was sent. I have learned that as recently as June 1, 2011, this was absolutely not the case. C'est la vie.

I have not gone in and changed all the links so some links in some posts may take you to an error page. Sorry about that. One day I'll go in and fix all that but for now...

from Jackson Creek Press
_________________________________________


I have made the blog private for now.

I received an email from an Ontario paralegal on behalf of a certain group of people with whom I have had a rather unfortunate association requesting that I remove all posts referring to that certain group of people, their property and any situation with which they were involved. The request went further to characterize the posts as libelous, slanderous, and salacious and to threaten legal action.

I refute this characterization as both a matter of opinion and as a matter of legality.

My writing cannot be slanderous. Slander refers only too spoken communication.
slander |ˈslandər|
noun Law
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation

The things I have written are not salacious.
salacious |səˈlā sh əs|
adjective
(of writing, pictures, or talk) treating sexual matters in an indecent way and typically conveying undue interest in or enjoyment of the subject
• lustful; lecherous
I have never referred to any sexual matters. Hee hee. And ewwwwwwwwwww!

My writing is not libelous.
libel |ˈlībəl|
noun Law
a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
Nothing I have written is false. The posts on my blog are accurate observations and descriptions of my experiences.

I decided, as a gesture of goodwill and without prejudice*, to remove all the references and photos mentioned in the email and more. I decided to interpret the request as broadly as possible and have complied with the request even though I am under no obligation, legal or otherwise, to do so.

Of course, that was not enough. Several emails later, I have decided to make the blog private for a little while.

So read on. And rest assured, Apollo will rise again!
*Without Prejudice: A reservation made on a statement or an offer that it is not an admission or cannot otherwise be used against the issuing party in future dealings or litigation with any determinative legal effect.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Here's to a wonderful, salacious, bodacious, loquacious, audacious,tenacious,and blessed New Year

Maria (now, finally back in the New World)
XO

risky mouse said...

Merci my darling. So glad you are close by again.

What's that smell on this blog? Didn't you notice it, Maria? Didn't you notice a powerful and noxious odor of audacity in this blog?... There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of audacity... You can smell it. It smells like FUN.

Small Tracey on a Tepid Wooden Chair

(Thanks to Big Daddy)

story juice posts and pictures
by tracey mollins are licensed under a

Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.

Creative Commons License

i support the creation of derivative works in principle, but this is a personal blog and contains photos and stories that are important to my family and friends. if you want to use any material created by me, my family and/or friends, please get in touch.

duck duck go