Friday 26 June 2009

salad days

I have mentioned this salad bowl and Clare McDermott before (asparagus pie). I was scanning some pictures for Telling Tales who is writing a story about Mum and Dad getting married in Grayshott. One of the pics Mum gave me to scan was of the famous Clare. Here he is with Mum in March 1959.


He met up with Mum and Dad on the Paris part of their honeymoon. He spent the day wandering with them. On their wander, they saw the salad bowl in a window and admired it. When Mum and Dad got back to their hotel, the salad bowl was waiting for them with a note from Clare. I never met Clare but I think of him every time we have salad.

No comments:

story juice posts and pictures
by tracey mollins are licensed under a

Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.

Creative Commons License

i support the creation of derivative works in principle, but this is a personal blog and contains photos and stories that are important to my family and friends. if you want to use any material created by me, my family and/or friends, please get in touch.

duck duck go