Saturday 21 July 2007

ta dah

This is what had happened by about 10:30.
I am almost mad from lack of sleep,
relentless noise, constant dust and noxious fumes,
but my neighbour
~ and I use the term in its geographical sense only ~
has a three foot wall!












The city bylaws state that "the hours for noise permission in residential-low rise areas, 7 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday and 9 am to 7 pm on Saturdays" but nobody seems to pay a blind bit of attention to that. I am having a hard time getting to sleep early enough and was really hoping for the extra 2 hours this morning. I knew that it was probably wishful thinking but the south neighbour had promised that they would observe the bylaw hours when I asked him about it earlier this week. I know, I know.

Anyway ... friends are dropping by at about 7 and if I am not going to fall over upon their arrival I must figure out how to get a nap. Currently I can barely see across the yard because of all the dust and the sawing of bricks is creating an ear-shattering, head-splitting din.

No comments:

story juice posts and pictures
by tracey mollins are licensed under a

Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.

Creative Commons License

i support the creation of derivative works in principle, but this is a personal blog and contains photos and stories that are important to my family and friends. if you want to use any material created by me, my family and/or friends, please get in touch.

duck duck go