Thursday 19 July 2007

new day

This morning I awoke at 7:30ish to the sound of rain beating down on the plastic covering the pallets of blocks ~ a much more pleasant dawn chorus than the past 3 mornings and you can see how much the gardens were enjoying this big soak.

But ... oh my...Somebody put up this little dam to divert the water from the drainpipe but the trenches filled up pretty quickly.

And then this happened.

As you can probably tell,
I am not really a fan of this project.
I find it philosophically,
environmentally and aesthetically distasteful.
But I really did feel for this guy this morning.
All that work...!
I could hear a lot of phone calls.
I don't speak Portuguese but
he sounded pretty bummed out.

No comments:

story juice posts and pictures
by tracey mollins are licensed under a

Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.

Creative Commons License

i support the creation of derivative works in principle, but this is a personal blog and contains photos and stories that are important to my family and friends. if you want to use any material created by me, my family and/or friends, please get in touch.

duck duck go