Tuesday 17 July 2007

genius at work (revised)













My house has been shaking for 2 days.
I am very scared.
I feel it could fall over any minute.

I am choking on the dust and gas fumes
but I really need
to have at least one window open.
O summer days in the city.

They did stop by about 8 p.m. last night
so that is something.
9 hours of peace.

Today has been about
removing the rest of the rubble
(one brick at a time from my observation)
and the concrete floors of the old buildings.

Apparently, the best way to do that is to use
the claw end of the bulldozer
(is that what this machine is?)
as a hammer and hit a piece of rubble
for about an hour until it breaks.
Then you try to pick it up with the claw
and drop it in the tip.

Usually, once it is about four feet in the air,
it falls out of the claw
so you bang it a few more times
and start the process again.

Every time you move the claw
it emits an ear-piercing screech
(another effect of the oil shortage?)
and every time you drive forward or backward
the machine beep beep beep beep beep beeps.

I am not about to tell anyone else how to do their work,
but honestly - this does not bode well.

No comments:

story juice posts and pictures
by tracey mollins are licensed under a

Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.

Creative Commons License

i support the creation of derivative works in principle, but this is a personal blog and contains photos and stories that are important to my family and friends. if you want to use any material created by me, my family and/or friends, please get in touch.

duck duck go